Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. In addition to being one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank is the exclusive issuer of the Official Credit Card of NASCAR®, the Official Credit Card of the NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights, the Official Credit Card of the Big 12 Conference, and the Official Credit Card of the Las Vegas Aviators.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
This position is a part of the Risk Management department. Our risk professionals are tasked with identifying revenue opportunities and risk trends by monitoring the performance of our existing portfolio, growth opportunities, and general market trends. We develop and implement strategies for credit line increases, authorizations, collection, fraud, retention, and the sale of revenue based products.
In the role of Director, the position will be primarily responsible for managing the Bank’s Credit Line Increase (CLI) program. This position will own monthly CLI campaign execution and reporting as well as developing and leveraging effective MIS to evaluate the performance of the CLI program and make data-driven recommendations regarding potential strategy changes for the program.
This position should be a subject matter expert regarding portfolio composition, loss rate calculation, forecasting, credit bureau attributes, P&L drivers, and portfolio scores. The position reports directly to the Vice President responsible for Portfolio Risk Management.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions
- Previous financial services experience is required; credit card industry experience is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative area such as finance, economics, mathematics, or statistics is required; Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience in decision science or direct application of decision engine technology in a prior role is desired.
- Strong financial analytical skills with the ability to read, interpret, and evaluate, financial time-series tracking reports (including vintage analysis).
- Fundamental knowledge of credit scoring, credit underwriting, and credit risk management.
- Familiar with a wide variety of credit card industry concepts, practices, and procedures including loss forecasting, account management strategy, and acquisitions strategy.
- Advanced technical competencies using SAS Enterprise Guide and Miner and/or SQL, Excel and Tableau are required.
- Effective data mining skills and the ability to explain changing data dynamics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Math or related field.
- 5+ years analytical experience in Banking, Finance, or Gaming.
- Experience in digital markets and online acquisitions.
- Intellectual horsepower with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills and political savvy.
- Knowledge of financial analysis and profitability drivers.
- Self-starter, who can work independently with a high degree of organization on several projects at one time.
- Sufficient self-confidence and ability to propose new ideas/solutions.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and analyze large amounts of information.
- Must be proficient in financial modeling procedures
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft tool suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
Preferred (Not Required)
- Advanced degree
- Consumer Credit Card industry experience
- 5+ years advanced use of at least one of the following: Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Oracle, or SAS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. However, the employee may choose to stand and move within cubicle area. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear; reach with hands and arms. Must possess the ability to effectively hear and communicate. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 2 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Based on the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), management has analyzed this position and determined it to be exempt.
Click here to apply.