Leanplum is the mobile marketing platform built for engagement. Brands rely on Leanplum to help them orchestrate multi-channel campaigns — from messaging to the in-app experience — all from a single, integrated platform. Global brands such as Tinder, Grab, Tesco, and Zynga turn to Leanplum to accelerate growth and build long-term customer relationships. Founded in 2012, Leanplum is based in San Francisco, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia. Leanplum has received more than $93 million in funding from Norwest Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Shasta Ventures. Leanplum has been named to Business Insider’s Most Valuable Enterprise Startups and SF Business Times’ Best Places to Work. Learn more at www.leanplum.com.
About The Position
Leanplum is looking for an experienced Director of Security & Compliance as the lead compliance expert for Leanplum’s business initiatives. We’re seeking a highly motivated, action-oriented privacy expert who is at ease providing data security and compliance guidance. We need a strong leader who can drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects, while partnering with the broader legal and operations team. The successful candidate will be a security professional who is passionate about ensuring compliance as well as providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Develops, implements, and manages Compliance Programs, including global privacy and data protection (including GDPR.)
- Serves as the Company’s subject matter expert on compliance matters, with an emphasis on global and national laws and regulations.
- Prepares and assists with presenting clear, accurate and timely reports on privacy and data protection risks, risk mitigation measures and compliance activities to key stakeholders and senior management.
- Establishes a mechanism to track access and retention of customer data maintained by the Company.
- Develops, implements and delivers security and compliance communications and training.
- Collaborates with Information Technology to ensure alignment with data security and compliance policies and practices. Oversees conduct of data security assessments.
- In collaboration with other Company departments (e.g., Information Technology, Product Development, Operations) establishes internal and external data privacy and protection monitoring and audit programs.
- Manages the collection, analysis and reporting of privacy and data protection program data and metrics for continuous process improvement.
- Participates in client meetings, sponsor audits and regulatory inspections for questions related to compliance matters, including privacy and data protection matters.
- Extensive experience with development of compliance programs.
- Experience in or knowledge of information technology.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive internal and external stakeholders to a decision in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated track record of strategic communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a multi-functional, international team environment.
- 4-6 years’ experience with U.S. and international privacy program development and management
- 1-3 years’ experience with US and European privacy and data protection laws, regulations and best practices (GDPR, Privacy Shield, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious and healthy lunches and dinners
- TGIF happy hours
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Click here to apply.