Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are “People-Centered Payments”, and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people’s lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
The Risk Operations Director will provide critical support to the Risk Management team at Netspend. The successful candidate will quickly develop an understanding of the Company, its organizational structure, and its key businesses in order to effectively perform risk management duties. The core responsibilities of the Risk Operations Director will be largely focused around the operational management of the Fraud Operations and Disputes/Recoveries teams and executing on operational efficiency for both departments while maintaining regulatory compliance and risk mitigation standards.
- Oversee management of operations for Fraud and Disputes/Recoveries departments, consisting of on and off shore sites as well as an overnight team
- Develop and implement operational metrics for Risk Operations
- Develop and execute on the operational goals for Risk Operations
- Develop and maintain operational processes and procedures for various channels of work
- Review, update and maintain new hire and recurrent training for Risk Operations
- Develop and execute on projects meant to increase operational efficiency and execution as well as enhance the customer experience of interacting with Risk Operations
- Work closely with internal functions including Enterprise Analytics, Customer Service, Customer Experience and Compliance
- Coach and develop managers, supervisors and senior analysts
- Identify and track current trends for Risk Operations by reviewing transactions, claims and account patterns, as well as by taking in feedback from the team
- Manage and maintain relationships with vendors, partners and outside agencies
- Test and provide feedback on system improvements that are based on opportunities to gain operational efficiency
- Maintain a high level of customer service while addressing customer, law enforcement, merchant, and bank requests via phone, email, and fax
- Adhere to strict compliance and regulatory requirements
- Partner with the Compliance Department on consistent and appropriate SAR referrals
- Work on projects of various degrees of engagement which are aligned with Corporate and Departmental Objectives using established guidelines; review, make decisions, and document results
- Perform additional tasks in support of the company as directed
- 7-9 years’ experience in risk management, fraud investigation, chargeback representation, or law enforcement
- 5-7 years’ operational management experience, including hiring and termination responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience in the Retail Banking, Payment Processing, or work experience in law enforcement/investigations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of card processing, payment fraud prevention/detection techniques, and/or dispute claim/chargeback processing preferred
- Detail oriented with excellent research, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver coaching and feedback in a clear, concise and constructive manner
- Ability to manage multiple work queues to service level
- Excellent PC and technical proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Interview and Interrogating skills
- Good customer service skills to include diffusing upset customers
- As provided in Netspend’s Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here .
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at [email protected] .
Outside Of US Applicants
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here .
Click here to apply.