A premier, non-profit, Senior Living provider in Florida offering Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living services, is seeking an experienced Nursing professional to coordinate the Quality Management and Risk Prevention programs throughout the organization. The primary purpose of this position is to assess, plan, implement best practice standards and assure compliance with all regulatory and accrediting agencies. Risk management activities that may include, but may not be limited to, those relating to resident/patient care, clinical practice, medical staff, physical plant and property, safety hazards, and employee safety. Quality assurance and Improvement activities that may include, but not be limited to, those relating to resident/patient care practices, facility quality indicators, incidents, grievances, deficiencies cited by the agency, and plans of action to correct and respond quickly to identified quality concerns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and perform continuous quality improvement monitoring, compiles the data for trend analysis and reporting, and develops programs or action plans to be implemented.
- Writes an annual Quality Improvement plan and presents to the Board of Directors.
- Monitors compliance of written policies and procedures established by the facility and periodically reviews the policies/procedures and makes recommendations for revisions and improvement.
- Develops, plans, conducts, and schedules effective training for staff in regard to Quality and Risk Management.
- Assist facilities Investigate, assess, and report incidents.
- Partners with all departments to ensure efficient work flow, quality programs and compliance.
- On call for risk questions and concerns.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Be an energetic leader, dedicated to the organization’s mission and core values.
- Have a track record as an accomplished clinical professional and enjoy teaching, mentoring and guiding others.
- Knowledgeable of federal regulatory guidelines for health care service providers and Florida specific state licensure and certification requirements.
- Possess vision, as well as a strong capability for hands on implementation.
- Ability to gather data, interpret and analyze, determine action needed as a result of findings
- Have strong communication skills, presentation and public speaking skills preferred
- Have the collaborative and creative problem-solving skills to work closely with all departments and address concerns as a team.
- Registered Nurse, State of Florida
- Be a Florida Licensed Healthcare Risk Manager
- Progressively responsible work history with Risk Management/Quality Improvement background
- Be proficient in the use of technology to advance the quality and efficient delivery of care
- Able to move independently, hear and see adequately in order to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- Have the ability to travel overnight.
- Other duties as assigned.
Click here to apply.