Location: Sunnyvale, CA
The Director, Enterprise Risk Management, is responsible for driving Juniper’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program, including supporting the identification, evaluation, prioritization, mitigation, and monitoring of Juniper’s strategic and operational risks. The ERM program is committed to not only mitigating the impact of adverse events but also affirmatively helping Juniper achieve its strategic objectives by identifying and mitigating assumptions and dependencies to those objectives.
The ERM Director will develop risk identification and assessment frameworks, report to senior management on prioritized risks and coach functional and market leadership in the development of risk mitigation plans consistent with Juniper’s enterprise risk management framework. In conjunction with the Juniper Risk Committee and the Working Groups, the ERM Director will also work with senior management to define and document specific risk appetite, monitor the effectiveness of risk mitigation and management activities, and prepare quarterly enterprise risk reports and an annual ERM report for the Board of Directors. The position reports to Chief Risk & Compliance Officer.
The ERM Director is expected to be proactive, inquisitive, creative, questioning and constructive in identifying risks and supporting the business in developing appropriate risk management strategies. The ERM Director will:
- Initiate and sustain productive engagement and relationships with senior leaders on areas of enterprise risk;
- Maintain a comprehensive portfolio of Juniper’s enterprise risks by gathering, aggregating and translating information from sources across the business and outside the business:
- Analyze the enterprise risk portfolio to identify trends, interdependencies, impacts, gaps, and other relationships
- Lead and coordinate risk lifecycle activities, e.g., risk assessment & analysis, consistent with Juniper’s risk framework with entire enterprise risk portfolio
- Develop and apply key risk indicators across enterprise risks portfolio consistent with risk framework in order to measure the risk exposure
- Conduct workshops with business leaders and supporting teams to develop risk treatment plans for prioritized enterprise risks, including actions commensurate with Juniper’s risk appetite and indicators to monitor the risk
- Lead the implementation of the risk framework, including ensuring consistency and adoption across geographic areas, business units and functional departments.
- Apply judgement and analytics to synthesize broad base of business and financial information to the risk lifecycle (e.g. risk scoring)
- Develop and oversee program maturity roadmap, including the creation of maturity plans specific to developing Juniper’s risk appetite, and evolution of risk metrics.
- Work closely with key Risk constituencies (CEO Staff, Audit Committee, Compliance, Finance, Internal Audit) to design and continuously recommend improvements to the process and mechanisms for discussing, reporting, and making decisions on risk by senior leadership and the Board of Directors
- Strong executive presence and comfort presenting information to large groups across multiple levels
- Action-oriented and able to operate in ambiguous environments with minimal direction around new areas of work (e.g. interdependencies)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented, strong accuracy and completeness; BS/BA in a business-related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years directly related experience
- Excellent presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Highly organized, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive results across many organizations
- Ability to lead, drive and implement initiatives independently
- Ability to work with numerous partners and get result through others
- Risk management certification
- Master’s degree in a related field or MBA degree
- Direct or indirect experience in networking equipment or other technology sector industry.
- Previous experience developing and delivering training content
Juniper Networks is enrolled in E-Verify� and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Juniper Networks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Click here to apply.