The best places to work are filled with employees who are excited about their careers and feel empowered to push the limits of their potential. That’s what being an Armor Hero is all about!
At Armor, innovation is realized each day. Every employee feels our passion, knows the vision and lives the company values. Everyone on the team — regardless of their professional background, department or position — learns right away that their role is important to Armor’s success. The ability to scale, innovate, design and deliver are made possible by our values.
Why work here? Well just to start we offer a collaborative environment with whiteboard walls everywhere, open seating, snacks, drinks, awesome benefits, and awesome people! Oh, and yea, we still have scooters from the dot com boom, we bought them on clearance.
Director of Customer Compliance
Armor is seeking a talented and highly-motivated individual to serve as our Director of Customer Compliance. Primary responsibilities in this role will be to consult with Armor prospects and customers on various compliance regulations (PCI, HIPAA, FinServ, GDPR) to help them understand how these regulations impact their business, show how Armor can make it easier for them to meet their regulatory requirements, and manage relationships with Armor’s customers as they face compliance and regulatory audit events. This role will act as a leader to aid in training and supporting Armor Sales and Solution Consultant staff through education on the various regulatory requirements and how Armor assists its customers in achieving and maintaining their compliance and regulatory requirements.
Director of Customer Compliance Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Additional duties may be assigned as required)
- Aid, guide, and/or mentor Armor prospects/customers in compliance and security needs.
- Actively mentor key Armor personnel and teams to increase their knowledge of the regulatory compliance landscape and how it impacts Armor customers.
- Have a view outside of Armor, keeping up with and understanding the changing nature of compliance and regulatory standards.
- Influence Armor’s compliance and regulatory strategies as part of both our offerings and internal business requirements.
- Aid, guide, and advise compliance and regulatory strategies within Armor Products and Services.
- Participate, author and conduct blogs and webinars in achieving and maintaining compliance and regulatory standards.
- Tactically manage customer documentation and information requests around the compliance and regulatory standards provided through Armor Products and Services.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate providing consultative services around compliance.
- Ability to interact with external auditors and agencies in achieving compliance requirements.
- Ability to detail unique compliance control requirements within, PCI, HITRUST, & GDPR.
- Ability to lead/conduct public speaking events and engagements.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of network/system/application designs and cloud/virtualized environments.
- Ability to demonstrate creative solutioning within network/system/application design controls to achieve and maintain compliance and/or regulatory requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of common public cloud providers and their stances on security and compliance.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers within all layers of an organization.
- Highest ethical standards when handling private and confidential data.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Ability to clearly articulate the differences between security controls and compliance.
- Highly skilled in Information Security and Audit/Compliance.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and resolve multiple inquiries at once.
Education And/Or Experience
- 10+ years of job-related experience.
- 2-5 years of management or lead experience.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Certified QSA and/or HITRUST Assessor.
- Security and Technical Certifications: CISSP, CISA preferred, C|CISO a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the tools in our environment today, but this list will change and grow:
- Prior history in public speaking events and engagements.
- Prior history working in an Information Technology capacity outside of an audit function.
- Prior history in providing consultative services around compliance.
- Prior history as a Qualified Security Auditor (QSA) and/or HITRUST assessor.
- Expert knowledge of and ability to implement technical aspects of PCI DSS 3.2, HITRUST, HIPAA, ISO, SOC, and other compliance standards.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The work environment may be in either an office setting, at the company’s data center, or at a third-party location for training.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the company to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment, including in selection for job opportunities, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
Armor Core Values
Fight for the Greater Good : At Armor, we don’t take the title of “hero” lightly. We understand that our customers look to us for guidance through the increasingly treacherous threat landscape, often entrusting us with their vital assets: their data. Being a “hero” means that you are driven by a cause greater than yourself, driven to fight for what is right and just for the benefit of others. To answer this call, Armor Heroes must be morally right, virtuous servants. A vigorously trained, committed group devoted to protection and defense. Their unrelenting desire to destroy attackers and eliminate threats is innate. Their ultimate reward is the fulfillment in knowing that people have been protected.
Relentless Security : We are a security company. It’s our top priority. It is why we exist. We never compromise in our effort to defend sensitive data and provide customers with the industry’s most secure environments. We volunteer our best every day and go to any length to ensure our customers are protected to the fullest extent possible. We do not believe in taking shortcuts to deliver services or protect our customers. Simply put, we want customers to rave about their experience with us.
Embrace Change : When frequent and unexpected change becomes the only constant, Armor Heroes must be able to adapt quickly while remaining focused on delivering exceptional results for our customers. In the modern IT landscape, we don’t have the luxury of becoming set in our ways, especially when the threat landscape continues to evolve at a blistering pace. Being complacent not only puts our customers at risk but also the legacy we have built as champions for data security in the face of increasingly sophisticated threats. We are ardent believers in embracing change and leveraging it for the betterment of those we serve.
Bad News First : We know that from time to time situations occur that are out of our control. We also acknowledge that no company or individual is perfect. We foster a culture that encourages a healthy degree of calculated risk-taking, which we believe drives creativity and innovation. While we strive for perfection, we encourage Heroes to bring issues to the table and recommend solutions. This corporate culture allows us to grow as a company, determine areas where we can improve, and work in an environment of honesty and openness.
Tenacious Execution : When it comes to the security we provide our customers, good-enough service is simply not good enough. Armor believes in going beyond the expectations of our customers and providing them with a level of service that leaves them with a raving impression of our company and employees. We apply this same pursuit to our Heroes. We want our Heroes to rave about working at Armor. Their enthusiasm and passion will produce a higher quality of service that translates to a better customer experience. We understand the importance of this connection. Ultimately, our goal is to make every customer a Raving Fan.
Check your Ego : We recognize that every employee brings experience and a unique skill set to the company. We value our diversity. No one individual is more important than another and that every contribution has significance in its own way. This is why our heroes check their ego at the door each day. This cultural mindset helps ensure that we work together effectively, as a team, to deliver the best security and service to our customers.