The Director of Corporate Risk Management will lead the design and implementation of insurance programs addressing various types of risk exposures, principally those associated with the manufacture and sale of Medical Device and Pharma type products. Will apply relevant experience and knowledge of underlying issues and risk drivers which contribute to business risk. Will apply professional liability underwriting analysis techniques, quantitative risk pricing drivers, and in-depth knowledge of insurance contract language provisions. Will manage our network of Insurance providers and our Corporate Risk Management team, while supporting business development efforts and serving on the Corporate Risk Management Committee.
With in-depth experience across a broad spectrum of business issues and activities, will assess and communicate business risk. Oversees the analysis of current or proposed business and financial operations, processes, structures and cyber-risk exposure to identify areas of potential loss or damage and quantify impact. Provides guidance to business decision-makers on issues and development of risk mitigation strategies. Develops and evaluates policies, processes and standards to reduce risk, minimize business disruption and ensure business continuity and disaster recovery. Implements organizational strategy for mitigation of financial risk, including financing structures, facility and business liability insurance, cybersecurity insurance and self-insurance programs.
Requires an understanding of the legal, regulatory, asset protection, and business risks of a complex global Medical Device company whose more than 12,000 employees work in over 45 countries around the world.
- Works on assignments of diverse and complex scope
- Interprets less defined guidelines to make recommendations for process improvements and/or enhancements.
- Requires complex planning skills to coordinate with other departments or resources.
- Determines scope, objectives, and procedures to be performed for each assignment, without considerable direction.
- Leads the prep/updating of regular analytic and accounting, as well as develops tools and techniques of analysis and analysis established concepts and trends.
- Partnership and collaboration with facility leadership across the organization on implementation of strategy.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of current professional area of expertise and provides research and initiative in introducing new and improved processes and reports, within broadly defined policies/procedures.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with management, so as to best coordinate across functional lines. Networks and participates in industry-related and/or professional associations.
- Assists in SOX compliance and policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the development and refresh of annual workplan.
- Day to day management and career development of Sr. Analyst
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- MBA preferred
- Relevant professional certifications such as CPCU (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter) are also preferred; medical clinical risk management and/or contract law education favorable.
- Thorough knowledge of risk management techniques and strategies, including risk identification, quantification and assessment, risk retention (self-insurance; captives), risk transfer (insurance, contractual, indemnity agreements), loss control and risk mitigation.
- Must be able to work effectively in a large, complex global organization and have the ability to identify and respond to complex risk management situations with the highest professional standards and ethics, ensuring the highest level of customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial and communication skills required.
- Experience with managing property and casualty risk programs including one or more of the following:
- Workers Compensation job related occupational injuries
- Directors and Officers Liability and Employment Practices Liability
- Damage to facilities from fires, floods and seismic events
- Network privacy and security breaches resulting in operations disruption and potential cyber liability
- Corporate work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field. MBA \ MS Degree preferred
- ARM (Associate in Risk Management) certification required
- 7+ years of related Risk Management experience
Click here to apply.