Come, be part of our Tapestry.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry is a global house of brands that embraces the exploration of individuality. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing, beautiful, and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
The Director, Internal Audit – IT will be responsible for assisting the VP Internal Audit and Asset Protection in managing a global team; defining the overall direction, policies and procedures of the internal audit function as it relates to the IT requirements. This role will lead the planning, execution and reporting of IT internal audits for three brands, Coach, Kate Spade and Stuart Weitzman. A key area of focus will be on continuing to mature the Internal Audit function focused on integration of IT and business audits, as well as defining a strategy for data analytics and automation within the Internal Audit function. The Director will also be required to direct real time and post implementation reviews of key system implementations executed by the IT department and business which will be risk based, as well as focusing on key IT risks and auditing the sufficiency of Managements internal risk management strategies. For these key initiatives, this role will be responsible for project management of external subject matter experts.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to…
- For all IT in-scope systems, monitor changes in IT process documentation, evaluate design, and test to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley as well as providing quality work papers to support external audit reliance strategies
- Direct the day-to execution of the Sarbanes-Oxley projects including: collecting and reviewing project deliverables, testing and evaluating control effectiveness, and assessing/monitoring gaps and remediation efforts.
- Create reports and other information for presentation to senior leader team and Audit committee.
- Perform risk assessment to determine the IT portion of the Internal Audit plan
- Perform audit work, particularly in high complex areas and where department resources may not be sufficient; Perform information technology reviews which address accounting risk, business risk, technology risk and regulatory risk, develop recommendations around existing controls in place as well as the necessity to develop new controls.
- Report significant issues and opportunities for improvement related to the Company’s IT processes and provide recommended actions;
- Prepare materials needed to report to the Audit Committee on a quarterly basis focused on results of IT audits
- Work with Leadership to design and implement a data analytics strategy focused on future state Internal Audit department that integrates business and IT audit and identifies ways to innovate and automate testing approaches
- Provide leadership to team of 2 team members based in NYC /NJ, as well as building strong relationships and foster team work with the Business Internal Audit team in Singapore and New York. This role will also supervise consultants in support of executing audits per the Audit plan approved annually by the Audit Committee
- Monitor the company’s compliance efforts and communications with the regulatory bodies, specific to IT requirements
- Coordinate with external auditors, business partners and Audit Committee to achieve above objectives
- Foster open-ended, real-time dialogue with key groups regarding risks and controls
- Create efficient and effective resourcing plan to manage internal and external resources to deliver the annual internal audit plan
- Working knowledge of various IT systems – ERP systems and financial reporting systems (SAP a plus).
- Review Segregation of Duties (SOD) in applicable systems and environments.
- Perform other related special studies and projects as assigned.
- Perform administrative duties of the department including, but are not limited to, staffing, recruiting, training, budgeting, planning and scheduling.
The accomplished individual will possess…
- 10 years minimum experience in the Internal Auditing field with a focus on IT
- Bachelor’s degree /Masters in Information Systems /Accounting required
- Data analytics experience preferred
- Some degree of experience in Cyber risk assessments, and Business Continuity Program Audits
- Project management skills – effective consultation, interpersonal, prioritization of topics/issues and organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP; SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley
- CPA and/or internal audit credentials (CIA, CISA certification is a plus).
- Working knowledge of the COSO internal controls framework.
- Previous participation in existing internal audit programs for a major company is a plus
- Experience working with highly complex systems, and in extremely technical business environments.
- Experience using computers, Microsoft products, report writers and audit software packages as audit tools.
- Experience working with ACL analytics is a plus.
An outstanding professional will have…
- An objective, independent, mature, unbiased individual with the highest integrity.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to assess risk, analyze the business/operating impact, and identify the weaknesses underlying issues.
- Polished communication skills, including an ability to listen to the needs of the business units and comprehend complex matters. Articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, research complex matters, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations.
- Ability to work effectively across the organization, effectively soliciting full cooperation and being accepted by business partners as a true value add.
- Excellent team player who works extremely well in a in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to influence, train, mentor and leverage the skills of others to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrate the highest professional and personal standards; has unquestioned integrity and business ethics; an objective, independent, mature, unbiased individual.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/
Click here to apply.