Sealed Air Corporation is a knowledge-based company focused on packaging solutions that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands, including Cryovac® brand food packaging solutions and Bubble Wrap® brand cushioning, enable a safer and less wasteful food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.5 billion in sales in 2017 and has approximately 15,000 employees who serve customers in 122 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
The Director, Internal Audit will partner with the VP of Audit to develop and manage a risk-based audit program. S/he will independently evaluate controls and compliance with established policies, procedures, and regulations across finance, IT, and operations, and will regularly make recommendations for improvement. This audit leader will manage the process of assessing the adequacy, effectiveness, and compliance of the internal controls utilized to contain risks. The role of Director, Internal Audit is one of great visibility. Recruiting an individual who is respected both internally and externally will be a requirement for the Company and senior leadership team. Objectivity is a key trait required, with particular focus on the intellectual ability to form autonomous judgments, confidence to withstand influence, and the capacity to stand his or her ground in the case of disputes. The Director, Internal Audit will serve as a catalyst for change and serve as a supportive audit consultant to all levels of management, and proactively recommend value-added and practical improvements to risk management, as well as to the efficiency and effectiveness of operations. It is critical that this leader partners effectively with business leadership across functions, divisions, and regions in order to provide a solutions-driven audit program.
Job Description Cont.
- Determine, plan, and supervise the delivery of the Group’s risk-based audit plan.
- Develop and mentor the audit team; provide enhanced training and career planning.
- Drive delivery of internal audit’s work on time, within agreed budget, and in accordance with audit methodology and agreed quality standards.
- Work collaboratively with the Company’s external auditors to execute a ‘reliance based’ testing strategy for ICFR
- Provide an independent opinion on the governance, risk, and control environment of Sealed Air.
- Deliver and communicate audit results to executive management and the Audit Committee.
- Apply industry knowledge and technical expertise and support the audit team in learning and developing through proactive analysis and shared experience.
- Provide thought leadership to executive management and the internal audit team in terms of leading internal audit and internal control practices.
- Monitor continuous improvement of audit methodology and practices through the adherence to documented procedures and standards (best practices), ensuring consistency of working practice and quality of employees across all audit teams.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including the Executive Leadership Team
- Provide internal clients with an understanding of internal audit expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (MBA or Masters of Accounting preferred)
- 8+ years of Public Accounting auditing/accounting experience with progressively increasing responsiblity
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- CPA certification
- Strong analytical, financial analysis, and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to interpret internal or external organizational issues and recommends best practices
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Excellent writing and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead and manage diverse teams
Requisition id: 26213
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. Sealed Air participates in the E-Verify Program (US sites only).
Click here to apply.