Applied Materials, Inc. is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world.
Applied has a great opportunity to take on a key staff role with a world class and award winning Ethics and Compliance team. This attorney will report to Applied’s head of Ethics & Compliance, and will be responsible for driving key activities in Applied’s Ethics and Compliance program, including the development and implementation of training and awareness programs; directing compliance program activities designed to strengthen adherence to key policies and requirements, and conducting investigations by the Applied Office of the Ombudsman of potential violations of law and Applied policy.
- Identifies and mitigates compliance risks
- Develops, implements, manages and continuously improves internal controls designed to promote compliance with law and company policy
- Develops live and online compliance training and communications
- Point of contact for executives and staff regarding ethics and compliance matters
- Manages and responds to issues raised through the Global and Regional Ethics Hotlines
- Conducts internal investigations of potential violations of law or company policy
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 8+ years of legal and management experience (including employment at top tier law firm; relevant government office; and/or in-house counsel)
- Hands-on substantive experience in conducting investigations of potential violations of law and policy; strong substantive knowledge of fraud investigations and corporate internal investigations
- Strong interpersonal, writing and communications skills; ability to work cross functionally and with global, diverse teams; ability to clearly articulate and present complex legal advice
- Proactively identifies and solves complex problems; thinks beyond existing solutions and frameworks
- Demonstrated maturity and judgment; strong analytical abilities and decision making
- Able to travel periodically
- Prior in-house legal experience and/or management experience
- Experience with intellectual property investigations and protections
- Experience with global investigation, litigation and compliance issues
- Doctorate Degree
- 7 – 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Americas-United States of America-California-CA,Santa Clara
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Internal / External
Click here to apply.