The Director, Ethics and Compliance, will assist the Chief Compliance Officer with the development, implementation, management and oversight of Penumbra’s global Compliance & Ethics Program. You will be responsible for leading the operational aspects of the program, which include ensuring that as Penumbra continues to grow and evolve as an organization, it always has in place the infrastructure and programs necessary to meet statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to its business, including those relating to global anti-kickback, anti-corruption, transparency reporting, and data privacy.
What You’ll Achieve
- Lead compliance team operations and functions including policies and procedures, training, risk assessments, auditing and investigations.
- Assist in reviewing, revising, implementing and executing a comprehensive compliance and ethics program and strategy.
- Continually monitor and advise management of potential compliance risk areas.
- Advise, collaborate with and support global operations and functions, including sales, marketing, third-party intermediary management and finance, on compliance matters to ensure adherence with laws, regulations, standards, guidelines, and Penumbra’s Code of Conduct.
- Perform regular training of personnel on compliance and ethics topics.
- Lead anti-bribery/anti-corruption program related to third-party intermediaries, including due diligence, contracting, monitoring, training, audit and investigations.
- Lead compliance program for all issues related to interactions with healthcare professionals.
- Oversee the program to support global transparency reporting requirements (e.g., U.S. Physician Payment Sunshine Act).
- Manage outside counsel and consultants as needed to fulfill Company’s compliance function.
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, with other departments and senior management.
What You Bring
- J.D. with a minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience with some portion of this time in a law firm, government agency or in-house in a compliance or investigations role.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of applicable global regulatory and compliance requirements for a medical device, pharmaceutical or similar company.
- Compliance certifications/credentials preferred.
- Experience in running compliance operations and programs is also highly preferred.
- Ability to process a high volume of work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in conducting investigations.
- Experience working on a global team.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to lead and maintain productive relationships with other functional areas and on a global basis in order to support the Company’s compliance objectives.
- Personal integrity, good judgment, risk-assessment skill, and proactive problem-solving ability are required.
- Ability to work independently, exercise skillful risk assessment, and manage diverse and conflicting priorities and projects in an effective manner.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of technology that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world’s most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Click here to apply.