Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
The Director of Compliance Monitoring and Auditing will report to the Vice President Compliance Oversight and Monitoring and Auditing (VP, CO/MA) and will be responsible for the design and implementation of an effective compliance monitoring and auditing program that is designed to prevent, detect and respond appropriately to compliance risks, including but not limited to coding and documentation, for Parkland Health and Hospital System (Parkland).
This position will assist the VP, CO/MA by (1) conducting periodic assessments of compliance risks, (2) developing and implementing an annual compliance monitoring and auditing plan, (3) monitoring Parkland’s Compliance and Ethics Program (Compliance Program) operations through the development and use of data analytics and metrics to benchmark and measure for Compliance Program performance, (4) identifying and monitoring regulatory changes and facilitating implementation of applicable requirements; and (5) coordinating of Compliance Program activities, to ensure among other things, that the requirements of the Corporate Integrity Agreement entered into by Parkland with the Office of Inspector General of the U.S. Department of HHS (OIG), effective May 30, 2013 (CIA) are properly and timely fulfilled.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management, a clinical field, healthcare administration, business administration or related field.
- Prefer a Master’s degree.
- Must have 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a healthcare related clinical, administrative, financial, and/or compliance role with a minimum five years’ experience dealing with coding and documentation as well as other compliance issues.
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) , OR,
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) ,OR,
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) ,OR,
- Certified Coding Specialist-Physician based (CCS-P) from the American Health Information Management Association.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
Skills Or Special Abilities
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and demonstrate tact and diplomacy skills.
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of personal integrity and practice ethical standards.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Click here to apply.