Are you a seasoned internal audit professional looking to take the next step in your career? Are you a dedicated leader and passionate about developing staff? Check out this fantastic opportunity!
UPMC Corporate Finance seeks a full-time Director of Audit and Compliance to support our Internal Audit division.
As Director of Audit & Compliance, you will manage multiple audit and compliance projects concurrently which includes planning, executing, implementing, reporting on and documenting such results, as required. You will oversee the development and advancement of audit department initiatives as well as compliance program development and alignment across assigned areas. Additionally, you will evaluate job performance of management and staff, reviewing detail work, mentoring and developing all personnel, and interviewing to hire potential positions.
A highly visible role, you will report directly to the VP & Chief Audit and Compliance Officer.
- Possesses advanced understanding of business process controls.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of financial, clinical and technological controls at a complex level. This would include regulatory compliance for healthcare industry: DOH, TJC, CMS; financial considerations: GAAP, SOX, COSO, Six Sigma, fraud, external audit considerations; and various technological processes: CMMI, SDLC, COBIT, project management and security configurations.
- Able to research and interpret federal and state regulations across the industries where UPMC works.
- Possesses advanced understanding of healthcare terminology and industry risks, understands the exposure and impact to UPMC, and/or is able to generalize and apply prior industry experience. Stays current with trends and changes in the healthcare industry.
- Able to perform thorough analysis of complex business processes identifying risks, controls, and gaps.
- Able to utilize understanding of complex business processes and issues and UPMC as a whole to recommend appropriate controls to mitigate risks while aligning with strategic goals, business objectives and regulatory expectations.
- Develop and manage compliance programs to achieve compliance with regulations, rules and standards or conduct.
- Establish policies and procedures to support compliance activities.
- Plan, develop and conduct communications and educational and training sessions related to specific compliance topics.
- Establish monitoring mechanisms and conduct routine audits compliance programs.
- Oversee coordination and facilitation of the work of compliance officers across assigned areas as well as individuals and groups throughout these UPMC departments/divisions, across a wide range of compliance topics.
- Uses, reviews, and initiates revision of the standard department templates and processes for performing audits. Capable of developing completely new work programs and testing steps to be included on audit programs.
- Workpapers are completed on time and evidence is organized to fully support conclusions and findings.
- Open items and review comments are fully tracked and closed within timeframes.
- Identifies root cause of complex issues and proposes valuable and effective solutions, with knowledge of UPMC organization.
- Reviews final audit project risk planning and proposed work programs in addition to any CACO reviews.
- Reviews all workpapers as appropriate and approves final report drafts for audit projects.
- Drafts are professional, complete, practical, based on accepted standards, and all findings validated with client.
- Monitors and tracks all audits for proper inclusion and reporting to the Audit Committee.
- Performs, documents and interprets annual risk assessment meetings and develops audit plan. Oversees completion of plan with CACO.
- Participates in and frequently leads departmental special projects, including finalization of overall risk assessments and the development of annual plans. Continually strives to develop and maintain department independence, professionalism, and reputation.
- Participates in departmental meetings, including preparing agenda, presenting and educating co-workers.
- Possesses strong public speaking skills and is comfortable leading opening and closing meetings, including explaining issues to executives and the Audit & Compliance Committees and handling constructive disagreements to resolution.
- Assures that the appropriate levels of UPMC management are aware of projects, initiatives and issues.
- Mentors and/or develops management and staff skills, judgment, and effectiveness. Interviews, schedules project and identifies promotional opportunities.
- Facilitates individual as well as staff and departmental team work and team building.
- Provides constant feedback to management and staff on their performance and is able to train on appropriate tools and techniques.
- Completes performance reviews on projects and contributes to coworkers, management and staff.
- Professionally represents the CACO at delegated meetings or projects.
- Develops and maintains a resource network of contacts and effective working relationships with executive management within UPMC, as well as external leaders and peers.
- Exercises delegated authority to make operational and personnel decisions in the absence of the CACO.
- Departmental Goals and Time Management
- Contributes to defining and meeting departmental goals.
- Successfully manages many competing demands and is able to deliver projects on time and within budgeted hours.
- Assists the department in making sure that staff are productive and have adequate work load.
- Meets departmental goals for productivity and monitors deadlines for reports, follow-up and Board reporting.
- Proactive in identifying staff downtime and assists in helping staff to stay productive.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements within the department and efficient resolutions for them.
- Manages the department relationships with executive management, external auditors and the Audit and Compliance Committees.
- Bachelors Degree with a major in Accounting, Regulatory or other related field required.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- 8 years of experience in accounting, auditing, legal, compliance or related field
- 5 years progressive, substantial supervisory and management experience and interaction with senior level management.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Advanced computer skills required.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Certification in related area preferred
- Certified Public Accountant
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
$0 to $0
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Click here to apply.