Overview & Responsibilities
Performs detailed operational and financial audits and special projects. May lead audits on small projects but will generally assist experienced senior/staff level personnel during planning of the engagement, reporting the results of the work and administering the project with Company and/or department management and appropriate Company and/or Department Personnel.
- Keeps the Lead Auditor informed – responsible for communicating significant audit concerns and issues relevant to the project to the lead auditor timely. When functioning as a lead auditor, keep the Manager informed of such issues and situations. Also responsible for tracking time by significant audit program segment and providing time to the lead auditor each Monday. Should also keep the lead auditor informed of time-off requests submitted to the Manager and other administrative matters affecting availability.
- Performs Project Work – gather substantive data from accounting records, operational reports, interviews with company/department personnel and observations. Ensures the project work is conducted and documented in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditing Standards of Professional Practice, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, and Internal Audit Department policies.
- Continues Professional Development – participate in professional and industry organizations and obtain training as needed to keep abreast of current professional and industry trends and events. Required to provide a detailed career plan, training preferences, and project preferences to the Manager prior to or during the annual performance assessment.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Findings – responsible, through the performance of audit work and related analyses, for detecting and reporting internal control weaknesses and non-compliance with corporate or department policies and procedures. Findings must be presented to the lead auditor for review prior to timely communication to the appropriate management during the audit.
- Ongoing Risk Assessment – responsible for following up on prior audit findings with management and keeping informed of current developments within the industry and the corporation that could affect the performance of current and/or future work.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, General Business or a related discipline
- Certified or candidate for certification (CPA, CIA, CISA)
- 2 years of auditing experience or equivalent experience in a related field
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong risk assessment and analytical skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to clearly articulate complex ideas, and creative problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to quickly access problems and identify workable solutions
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com .
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Associate Requisition ID Req.68856
# of Openings 1
Category (Portal Searching) Finance and Accounting
Click here to apply.