- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18034315
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Individual will report to the Head of the Conduct Risk Management Program and will be responsible for heading the Program Office for the Conduct Risk Management Program and leading key elements of the global Conduct Risk Management Program. Individual will also be responsible for leading key elements of culture initiatives for the firm.
- Lead team that provides critical governance, policy, and regulatory management support for multiple aspects of the Conduct Risk Management Program.
- Drive critical governance processes, procedures, and documentation for Citi’s Conduct Risk Management Program, including preparing materials for meetings of the Ethics and Culture Committee of the Citigroup Board of Directors, setting agendas for and managing Conduct Risk Steering Committee meetings, revising and enhancing Citi’s Conduct Risk Policy, and identifying, tracking, and reporting on global regulatory developments related to conduct risk and bank culture.
- Draft written responses to regulatory requests and examinations and produce materials for meetings with regulators globally involving Citi’s Conduct Risk Management Program and Citi’s broader bank culture programs, and draft written materials for regulatory requests and examinations concerning topics closely linked to conduct risk.
- Manage relationship with Citi Internal Audit for the purposes of Internal Audit reviews, ad hoc requests, and completion of Corrective Action Plans, if any.
- Develop and drive completion of key priorities relating to embedding conduct risk considerations into firm, including into key governance forums such as Citi’s product approval committees.
- Oversee the Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) risk assessment process for the Conduct Risk Compliance MCA Entity.
- Formulate and draft documentation concerning Citi’s view on conduct risk and bank culture for internal and external use, including for Citi’s Citizenship Report, Proxy Statement, regulatory filings, and potential discussions with media, industry, and the broader public.
- Develop and execute conduct risk training strategy and plans for Citi, including: (1) training provided globally to all Citi employees; (2) annual training provided to Citi Independent Compliance Risk Management staff and business and global function partners that participate in Citi’s global Conduct Risk Program; and (3) any ad-hoc training requested by Citi’s businesses and/or functions.
- The candidate will also partner with critical internal stakeholders, including Human Resources, Global Public Affairs, International Franchise Management, and Citi Chief Country Officers, on efforts intended to enhance Citi’s culture and management of conduct risk.
- Prepare materials for and deliver regulatory briefings and internal and external speaking engagements.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required and advance degree (MBA, JD, LLM or MPP) highly preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Law, Compliance or Risk Management or a combination thereof
- Individual should have proven leadership ability and track record for developing and executing strategy and project plans.
- Individual should have ability to build, grow and manage teams.
- Individual should be a self-starter and proactive problem solver, have ability to make judgments, determine next steps, and own execution of multiple work streams and projects from inception to completion.
- Individual should demonstrate ability to collaborate and incorporate multiple perspectives into shared common goals, and to provide respectful credible challenge to a process.
- Individual should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, collaboration and relationship-building skills, critical and strategic thinking skills, and organizational and project management skills.
- Individual should demonstrate executive presence and have experience in working directly, and interacting on a face-to-face basis, with senior management.
- In addition, experience working for a global organization with a proven track record for working across multiple stakeholders with no direct reporting relationship would be beneficial.
- Business knowledge and experience with franchise level risk and governance processes would also be beneficial.
- In addition, experience in ethics matters, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment while demonstrating optimism and agility during challenge and change are also beneficial.
Click here to apply.