Leads compliance programs for consumer loan operations, underwriting, marketing and servicing. Ensures that internal controls demonstrate compliance with regulatory agencies and that the organization meets a high standard of conduct. Responsible for the leadership and management of all compliance programs and audits under the general direction of the Board of Directors, CEO and Executive Team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the development, implementation and administration of a comprehensive risk-based compliance program designed to review and assess internal controls, policies and procedures for adequacy, compliance and effectiveness.
- Stays well-informed of auditing, compliance and regulatory developments while identifying and mitigating any risk issues.
- Ensures compliance by maintaining expert, up-to-date knowledge of lending advertising regulatory changes and amended laws in all aspects of consumer and business financial products and services.
- Tracks progress of implementation of regulatory changes and procedures as applicable.
- Ensures compliance with existing and new legislation such as Dodd-Frank and CFPB; interprets and implements activities accordingly.
- Identifies operations that may pose heightened risks, including those that could impact the reputation or financial condition of the organization and/or lending portfolios.
- Advises Board of Directors and Executive Team on risk management issues and emerging compliance trends.
- Assumes a leadership role in driving consistent guidance and timely communication to the business lines.
- Oversees the process of identifying compliance-related training courses mandated for all employees and ensures training courses are delivered and completed.
- Provides reports on a regular basis to keep the Board of Directors, Executive Team and commissioners informed of the organization’s compliance efforts.
- Actively participates in internal testing of changes in technology.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
- Master’s Degree preferred or equivalence in comparable experience.
- 5 years of experience in internal audit or compliance environment.
- Financial industry experience strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of the company’s business operations.
- Solid understanding of the company’s strategy in order to align compliance objectives to the direction of the company.
- Exhibits standards of excellence, setting a personal example of exemplary conducts and demonstrating an unwavering commitment to compliance, ethics and integrity.
- Strong analytical skills; able to pull complex data from varied sources and synthesize such that is easily understood by the target audience.
- Extensive knowledge of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and other applicable laws, rules, regulations and industry codes of practice.
- Excellent project management and strong writing skills.
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities with delegation of staff assignments to achieve team objectives.
- Ability to be a self-starter capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills used in developing strong working relationships and effective listening skills.
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Exceptional planning, organizational and adaptability skills for multiple tasks and projects with shifting priority.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive and confidential environment.
Click here to apply.