CURE is seeking candidates for an exceptional opportunity for a Chief Compliance Officer and In-House Counsel. The Chief Compliance Officer and In-House Counsel is responsible for championing the organization’s compliance program, and acting as a consultative, strategic resource on all legal and regulatory matters for the organization.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, implement an effective compliance program to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct. Monitor and report results of the compliance and ethics efforts of the organization. Implement all necessary actions to ensure achievement of the objectives of the compliance program.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid similar situations in the future.
- Provide litigation support through the procurement of, and interaction with, outside counsel on a variety of matters including, but not limited to, real estate purchases, legal entity constructs, contract disputes, and employment disputes.
- Complete legal document review on contracts, memorandums of understanding (MOUs), third party agreements, employment documents, powers of attorney (POAs) and vendor supplier relationships.
- Provide legal support in the form of making recommendations pertaining to the legal impact of strategic operational ideas and proposed action steps.
- Provide legal support in the form of reviewing employment termination scenarios and making recommendations to avoid litigation. Activities include, but are not limited to, reviewing documentation; reviewing employment structures as they relate to local tax obligations and other matters; and reviewing handbooks and policies.
- Make policy recommendations and provide applicable resources to the management team as related to overall organizational governance. Provide the management team with legal information as it pertains to operating an international non-profit organization.
- Review legal structure of each hospital (branch or separate entity), local board structure, and compliance with in-country legal obligations (tax, labor ministry, ministry of health, etc.) Produce a quarterly risk assessment report.
- Ensure compliance with trademarks, intellectual property and trade secrets.
- Create legal reports and correspondence, and effectively present information to the management team and Board of Directors.
- Respond to inquiries of a legal nature from regulatory agencies and partners.
Qualified Candidates For This Position Will Possess The Following
- Juris Doctor (JD) with admission to the state bar.
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable law practice experience.
- Excellent time management abilities, with a focus on maintaining compliance with internal and external deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to ethical conduct and holding others accountable to the same.
- Strategic thinking abilities.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
Please click here to read our Statement of Faith.
Click here to apply.