AML/BSA Audit Program Director Responsibilities
- Reviews and assesses prevailing compliance activities across numerous business units to safeguard compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Analyzes and measures the design, implementation, and operating effectiveness of the client institution’s compliance program fundamentals and processes
- Assesses the design and operating efficiency of compliance risk and control processes including those concerning
- Monitors the compliance audit program to achieve a best in class internal audit function and to exceed the regulatory standards of the State, FDIC and Federal Reserve client institution
- Plans, designs, executes, and administers the audit coverage strategy of the internal audit compliance program
- Designs and safeguards implementation of nonstop monitoring of the AML and key compliance risks in the client institution
- Establishes and cultivates relationships with senior internal stakeholders of the AML and compliance programs counting the improvement of audit toolsets
- Achieves all audit related activities by regularly and reliably providing direct oversight of the effort performed by numerous professionals theoretically including outside service providers
- Safeguards the appropriate documentation of analytical measures is established to support audit standards and client institution regulatory expectations
- Answerable for designing and developing the procedures for conducting an enterprise wide compliance risk assessment for the resolution of developing an annual internal audit compliance plan. This includes but is not limited to; developing a risk focused approach for scope and depth of testing for, and delivery of internal audits, project reviews, and also the continuous monitoring reports of the client institution’s compliance programs
- Serves as the division subject matter expert on AML, compliance risks and audit procedures to examine these risks
- Achieves compliance due diligence reviews in conjunction with the client institution’s compliance function to aid business units with the identification and measurement of compliance risks related with new products & services as well as mergers or acquisitions
- Assesses the Compliance Risk Management processes to safeguard position with the regulatory requirements of complex financial institution
- Assists the Chief Audit Executive on regulatory management and external auditor needs
AML/BSA Audit Program Director Opportunity Summary
Will be fully accountable for developing the audit methodology for compliance activities at the client company. BSA/AML Compliance activities will include a vast array of products and clients served as mandated by regulatory authorities. Manages the audit associated activities of colleagues. Guarantees performance of all obligations in unity with the client institution’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, in which the company operates.
- 10 or more years of professional experience in a control, risk, compliance or audit role at a large institution, or regulatory experience in a senior role in compliance or anti-money laundering.Solid audit program, documentation and report writing skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, economics, or a like field.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of regulatory environment and applicable institution regulations impacting the entire financial services industry.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, and the capacity to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management.
- Experience working with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, TILA, RESPA and TRID, Fair Lending / UDAAP, Residential Mortgage Lending, Fannie, Freddie and Ginnie Mae Agencies, Client institution Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations and USA Patriot Act, GLBA / Privacy.
- Knowledge as a Compliance Officer, BSA/AML Officer, Compliance Auditor, Bank Examiner, or Financial Institution Internal Auditor.
- Previous management experience leading professionals engaged in related internal audit activities.
- CAMS, CIA, CPA, CRCM, CFE are strongly preferred.
Click here to apply.