- Support overall Operational Risk Management assessment and direction for Fortitude Holdings LLC. and its affiliates with business encompassing life insurance, annuities, and property & casualty business segments with approximately $40 billion in assets under management.
- Support Fortitude Holdings LLC. and its affiliates to assess key operational risks and ensure appropriate monitoring and escalation procedures are in place to effectively manage and mitigate risk.
- Coordinate with the business and designated control functions (Audit, Compliance, IT Risk, Vendor Management, Business Continuity, Model Risk) to assess Fortitude Holdings LLC. and its affiliates aggregate risk profile.
- Support implementation of an Operational Risk framework including risk identification, risk measurement, risk mitigation and risk reporting and escalation.
- Ensure a risk-focused and substantive risk and control self-assessment (RCSA) program across all lines of business by working with management to analyze processes and identify and document key risks and controls. Ensure the RCSA program reflects an integrated approach including top operational risks as well as emerging and key departmental risks.
- Lead or advise management on analyses of large or pervasive risk events in order to identify true root causes and design corrective actions and ensure lessons learned are communicated broadly.
- Through analysis of assessment results, key risk indicators and risk event data, identify the most significant operational risks or trends across Fortitude Holdings LLC. and its affiliates and evaluate the effectiveness of risk mitigation projects and corrective actions.
- Evaluate external developments (including industry trends, changes in law and regulation, operational risk events suffered by others) identifying new risk areas and ensure their evaluation through scenario analyses when appropriate.
- Lead or advise on special projects to evaluate and mitigate operational risk across Fortitude Holdings LLC. and its affiliates. These may include, for example, focused reviews of specific internal control issues, new business ventures or infrastructure/system changes.
- Coordinate with legal and compliance management to ensure local state regulatory requirements are monitored and tracked to ensure compliance.
- Advise on the development and evolution of the operational risk framework, including policies, standards and IT tools.
- 6+ years in financial services with extensive experience with controls, risk management and/or operations. Solid experience with operational risk management required.
- Knowledge of annuity and life insurance processing including but not limited to remittance, fund distributions, claims, contact center, scan and index.
- Detailed knowledge of SOX, audit, and regulatory requirements that are commonplace in the Life and Annuity business.
- BA or BS required. Graduate degree or professional certification in relevant field preferred.
- Able to think critically and test organizational controls with a goal of preventing poor customer service and/or loss of funds for customers and the company.
- Demonstrates ability to establish effective, independent working relationships with mid-and senior-level managers and corporate partners. Can overcome obstacles to achieve goals through organizational savvy and emotional intelligence.
- Strong leadership skills to guide organizational change and partner with both senior management and staff.
- Articulate, concise and persuasive communication style, both verbal and written. Can target style to the audience. Careful, reflective listener.
- Able to simplify difficult concepts and challenges by thinking analytically about component parts.
- Pro-active and forward-thinking. Takes pride in adding value to his/her organization. Holds himself/herself accountable for achieving successful outcomes.
- Demonstrates sound commercial sense and risk judgment.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.
Click here to apply.