February 7, 2018 – SMU is pleased to announce the launch of the SMU Ethics and Compliance Certificate Program, a multidisciplinary certificate program designed for compliance, legal and financial professionals who want to deepen their knowledge in corporate ethics and compliance.
The program combines knowledge that compliance professionals can use immediately with concepts that they can carry to higher levels of responsibility. It represents an unprecedented collaboration across SMU between the Cox School of Business, Dedman School of Law and the Cary M. Maguire Center for Ethics and Public Responsibility. Beyond the cross-campus collaboration, international law firm Jones Day and international consulting firm Deloitte are also partnering with SMU on this program.
“In 10 challenging sessions and an interactive case discussion, this dynamic course will help participants understand how legal, compliance, internal audit, corporate security and other functions across an enterprise can effectively collaborate to implement and maintain modern compliance programs,” said Frank R. Lloyd, Ph.D., Associate Dean of Executive Education for the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University.
The certificate program will be offered on February 21-22 at the James M. Collins Executive Education Center at SMU. Those who successfully complete the two-day program will receive an Ethics and Compliance Certificate from SMU.
- David Huntley, Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer, AT&T
- Cindy Moehring, U.S. Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Randall M. Ebner, Vice President and General Counsel, Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Marc Kesselman, General Counsel, Yum! Brands, Inc.
- Scott E. Sullivan, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Flowserve Corporation
- Sean McKessey, Phillips & Cohen (former Chief, SEC Office of the Whistleblower)
- Marc I. Steinberg, Rupert and Lillian Radford Professor of Law, SMU Dedman School of Law
- Hemang Desai, Robert B. Cullum Professor of Accounting, SMU Cox School of Business
- Miguel Quinones, O. Paul Corley Distinguished Chair in Organizational Behavior, SMU Cox School of Business
- Larry Kanter, SMU Cox School of Business
For more information, please contact Stephen B. Yeager, Assistant Dean, SMU Dedman School of Law, at email@example.com or (214) 768-4178.