HIPAA Privacy & Security: Can You Demonstrate a Good Faith Effort? [Free WEBINAR]
Speaker: John Steiner, CHC, CCEP, Chief Compliance Officer, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
Date: Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Time: 10am – 11am PST
Registration link: http://www.ethicspoint.com/event/information-security-hipaa
Sound confidentiality, privacy and security practices are good for business and patient care. Each year, HIPAA requirements and media coverage of HIPAA non-compliance gain greater attention. HITECH Breach Notification imposes additional requirements including clear notification for breached parties and disclosure of the potential risk. It is a best practice to revisit, assess and plan appropriate measures to ensure your information security and HIPAA compliance program can demonstrate good faith compliance efforts.
Join John Steiner, chief compliance officer for Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), and Stephen Molen, director of solutions for EthicsPoint as they provide a focused, practical overview of key principles in the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules webinar. This presentation will also apply many of those principles to practical examples that covered entities can use to demonstrate reasonable good faith compliance efforts.
Through this presentation you will:
- Learn where to start and where to look for data in motion
- Learn how to think about and apply the HIPAA legal standards in your covered entity
- Learn how to collect meaningful information to demonstrate a good faith effort.
- Appreciate current HIPAA enforcement trends and what may be on the horizon
- Update your awareness of IT Security options and approaches
Who should attend:
- Hospital compliance officers
- Health information management directors
- Human resources managers
- IT personnel
- Legal/compliance professionals
About the Speaker:
Mr. Steiner is the chief compliance officer for Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), headquartered in Schaumburg, IL. He is responsible for the design, implementation and oversight of an enterprise compliance program for this specialty hospital system. He serves on the CTCA Executive Committee, Executive Compliance Committee, Clinical Leadership Improvement Council and Research User Group. For a complete bio, click here.