Exceptions under the FCPA: Facilitation Payments, Gifts and Entertainment, and Travel (Upcoming Webinar)
Upcoming Webinar on Exceptions under the FCPA: Facilitation Payments, Gifts and Entertainment, and Travel
- Speaker/Host: Thomas R. Fox, Principal of tomfoxlaw.com
- Date: Tuesday, June 29, 2010
- Time: 3:00PM(Eastern) / 2:00PM(Central) / 1:00PM(Mountain) /12:00PM(Pacific)
- Click here for international, or if you do not know your time zone
- Duration: 1 hour
- Website: Registration and Information
The limited number of exceptions available under the FCPA are an area of great confusion. Companies can make facilitation payments, provide gifts and entertainment to customers and also provide travel expenses under certain limited circumstances. However, miss-interpretation and abuse of these FCPA exceptions can lead to company penalties and individual liability under the FCPA.
Most companies allow facilitation payments but do not under the books and records require of the FCPA. Many companies bring customers to the US from overseas without understanding their potential FCPA exposure. Many companies believe that local customs in gift-giving trump the FCPA. All of these actions can lead companies into significant expense and liability under the FCPA.
What you will learn:
- The legal requirements for a successful FCPA policy on these exceptions.
- What is a facilitation pay and how to evaluate facilitation payments so that you do not fall into FCPA liability.
- What is allowable in the way of gifts and entertainment.
- How can a company provide travel for its clients and customers without running afoul of the FCPA.
- How to train your employees going forward on these FCPA exceptions.
Who should attend:
- Compliance and Ethics Professionals
- Legal Department Employees
- Contract Management Specialist
- HR Professionals