Texas Health Resources currently seeks a Vice President of Compliance who will lead the seven core elements of the Texas Health Business Ethics and Compliance Program under the direction and oversight of the THR Chief Compliance Officer. Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States, and the region’s largest in terms of patients served. The system’s primary service area consists of 16 counties in north central Texas, home to more than 6.2 million people.
The Vice President of Compliance will be responsibility for system level and entity level annual compliance work plans, performance dashboards, reports to management, oversight of compliance department budget and personnel including entity compliance officers.
Responsibilities of Vice President of Compliance
This position will provide the following core responsibilities:
- Maintain the effectiveness of the THR Business Ethics and Compliance Program core processes.
- Develop and deploy effective communication and education regarding the THR Business Ethics and Compliance Program.
- Oversee the THR reporting mechanisms, investigation and follow-up of reports of misconduct, questions or concerns.
- Perform research, serve as an internal consultant and provide guidance on Business Ethics and Compliance matter to employees and management including the business office, coding, physician contracting, fraud & abuse laws, Medicare/Medicaid regulatory requirements or other compliance related subject matter.
- Implement and oversee activities designed to monitor high risk areas such as coding, billing, physician contracting, screening of employees and contractors and other areas vulnerable to compliance risk.
- Manage budget, resources and staff. Lead, mentor and develop talent within the THR compliance staff at both system and entity levels.
Desired Skills & Experience of Vice President of Compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Seven to Ten years experience in a multi-entity healthcare system including both facility and physician providers with focus on health care compliance including Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement regulations, stark law requirements and fraud and abuse laws.
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance preferred. CPA or law degree helpful, but not required.
- Technical skills in healthcare regulatory compliance, Medicare, Medicaid reimbursement, Start, HIPAA privacy laws, Fraud & Abuse and False Claims laws.
- Understanding of electronic health record compliance risks.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills, ability to lead across entity lines, project management skills, ability to multi-task responding to a myriad of requests/projects, critical thinking, seasoned judgment, problem solving, skilled handling of difficult situations, ability to take unpopular stand, if warranted, highest integrity and respect.
- Ability to work professionally with outside agencies.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States, and the region’s largest in terms of patients served. The system’s primary service area consists of 16 counties in north central Texas, home to more than 6.2 million people. We have a total of 4,100 licensed hospital beds, employ more than 20,500 people, and count more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. Texas Health Resources holds ownership shares as a partner or affiliate in a number of joint-venture health care facilities across North Texas.
These hospitals, surgery centers, and imaging facilities are operated by entities other than Texas Health Resources. Texas Health was formed in 1997 with the assets of Fort Worth-based Harris Methodist Health System and Dallas-based Presbyterian Healthcare Resources. Later that year, Arlington Memorial Hospital joined the THR system. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. Texas Health Resources is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Apply for Vice President of Compliance
Apply for this job opening on Texas Health Resources’ website. Job ID: 42566