Somnia, a national anesthesia practice management company is seeking coding manager to coordinate activities of its coding unit, including goal-setting, training and education, documentation review and auditing. This position reports to our Manager of Revenue Management.
Responsibilities of Medical Coding and Compliance Manager
- In cooperation with Manager of Revenue Management and Chief Operations Officer, set goals for monthly and yearly coding expectations including quality, quantity and audit schedule
- Audit accounts for accuracy and completeness of coding and documentation
- Audit accuracy and completeness of work by individual coders. Provide feedback and education on any issues identified through the audit. Ensure corrective action is provided for coders who do not meet company standards, and provide reward and reinforcement for those with exceptional performance.
- Develop and present educational sessions for company’s clinical and revenue management staff, and for hospital administrative staff
- Oversee team of individuals responsible for quarterly collection of change in payer-specific billing and coding policies
- Work with Compliance Director and Compliance Committee to create, review, revise and update current policies regarding coding and billing
- Produce and review denial reports for coding and compliance issues, and provide reports to the Manager of Revenue Management for distribution to senior management
- Conduct non-routine audits, documenting and communicating findings and recommendations. Explain regulatory requirements and oversee corrective actions as required
- Review and test for compliance with institutional policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations through the inspection of physical operations, processes, retrieval and review of documents and investigation of irregularities and errors.
Desired Skills & Experience of Medical Coding and Compliance Manager
- High School Diploma
- 3 years experience in Medical Billing, with some supervisory experience
- Certified Medical Coder CPC/CCS preferred but not required
- Familiarity with medical terminology, CPC, ICD-9 coding
- Familiarity with insurance carrier policies and rejection codes
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Word and Excel, fast keystroke speed
Established in 1996 by practicing anesthesiologists who continue to actively lead the company, Somnia is a total anesthesia solutions partner serving hospitals and surgery centers nationwide. Somnia provides client facilities with locally staffed clinical teams and support in all areas of anesthesia including leadership, recruiting, revenue cycle management, payer contracting, quality assurance, billing and credentialing.
Apply for Medical Coding and Compliance Manager