This position which is located in Bethesda, MD will provide/handle:
Legal support to Corporate Contracts, Business Area attorneys, Corporate Government Finance, Corporate Program Assessment & Evaluation (PA&E), and the Chief Financial Officer, in the following areas:
- Interpretation of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Department of Defense FAR Supplement
- Government cost accounting and finance
- Government contracts
- International contracts subject to coordination, as appropriate, with the V.P. & Associate General Counsel-International
- Advising on legal sufficiency of proposals subject to review by the Executive Planning Panel in accordance with CPS-01
- Legal support to Corporate Ethics in the following areas:
- Gifts and hospitality advice relating to government and foreign officials
- Conflicts of interest reviews on financial interests and outside employment for Enterprise Operations personnel
- Lead (or advise on) investigations of alleged ethical malfeasance
Legal support to Consultant Services:
- Ethics and regulatory restrictions on hiring of government officials and post-government employment restrictions on government officials
- Manage litigation, including False Claims Act, claims and bid protest matters
- Manage Corporation-wide mandatory reporting under the Federal Acquisition Regulation, including the Mandatory FAR Disclosure Rule (FAR 52.203-13), the Present Responsibility Certification (FAR 52.209-5), and the Federal Awardee Performance and Integrity Information System (FAPIIS).
Required Skills of General Attorney Senior PrincipalLaw school (LL.B. or J.D.) degree; admitted to practice law and a member in good standing in at least one state; at least ten years of government contracts law experience in Government service, at a law firm or as in-house counsel; effective oral presentation and written communication skills; ability to establish effective relationships with all levels of management.
Desired Skills of General Attorney Senior Principal
Experience in the following areas of law: government contracts, compliance, litigation.
Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 126,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.Lockheed Martin is led by Robert J. Stevens, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
CUSTOMER BASE: As a global security and information technology company, the majority of Lockheed Martin’s business is with the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. federal government agencies. In fact, Lockheed Martin is the largest provider of IT services, systems integration, and training to the U.S. Government. The remaining portion of Lockheed Martin’s business is comprised of international government and some commercial sales of our products, services and platforms.
FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE: The Corporation reported 2010 sales of $45.8 billion, a backlog of $78.2 billion, and cash flow from operations of $4 billion (All amounts approximate).
Apply for General Attorney Senior Principal
Apply for this job opening on Lockheed Martin’s website. Req. ID: 239365BR