Francesca’s Collection is seeking an applicant for the position of Director of Internal Audit. The candidate will be responsible for the overall management of the Company’s internal audit function. Reporting to the Chief Administration Officer, the Director of Internal Audit will design and manage the overall direction, structure, policies and programs of the internal audit function, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, operational / financial / compliance audits and other internal audit activities.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive audit program that is responsive to the operational, financial and control risks within the Company.
- Conduct the company’s annual Enterprise Risk Assessment and present findings to senior management. Maintain an ongoing enterprise risk monitoring process and publish semi-annual updates.
- Plan, design and execute SOX 404 compliance activities and other internal audit activities. This may include documenting business processes and procedures, assessing the design of internal controls, selection of key controls, testing the effectiveness of key controls and communicating the results of the audits through presentations to management and formal internal audit report issuance.
- Identify opportunities to enhance control and compliance within the organization, such that the risks are reduced and mitigated to acceptable levels throughout the organization.
- Act as the primary liaison with external auditors and Company management regarding SOX 404 attestation work.
- Perform follow-up activities for outstanding internal audit issues to ensure that corrective actions are implemented as planned.
- Evaluate, select and manage external consultants and services providers and evaluate material resource requirements.
- Develop the department budget as well as establish the annual calendar of activities to ensure SEC reporting requirements are completed on a timely manner.
- Keeps management abreast of any updates to the regulatory environment.
- Take on special projects and initiatives as directed by senior management.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field along with 8+ years of public accounting experience with a Big Four firm or large regional firm.
- CPA / CIA / CISA and other audit related certifications highly desired.
- Experience in Retail preferred.
- Solid understanding of SOX 404 requirements.
- Prior experience in implementing SOX 404 in a corporate setting highly desired.
- Proven ability to apply internal auditing/accounting principles and practices.
- Proven ability to provide creative recommendations and to work with others to lead and affect process change and improvement.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter who takes ownership of projects and tasks.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills; must be able to communicate ideas effectively and concisely with all levels of management.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other business software that may be used to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
Francesca’s Collections® is one of the fastest growing specialty retailers in the United States. Our retail locations are designed and merchandised to feel like independently owned, upscale boutiques and provide our customers with an inviting, intimate and differentiated shopping experience. We believe we offer compelling value with a diverse and uniquely balanced mix of high-quality, trend-right apparel, jewelry, accessories and gifts at attractive prices.
Francesca’s Collections provides a unique shopping experience with each visit. When shoppers visit Francesca’s they will find that each boutique is a treasure chest overflowing with gifts, apparel, home accessories and jewelry that reflects the most fashionable styles and desired items from all over the world.