Encore Capital Group
Director, Chief Compliance Officer
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop an annual QC plan and execute related compliance audits for all areas of the business and our applicable regulations.
- Consultation with business areas on compliance activities to perform root cause analysis and design controls and other mitigation steps.
- Aggregate risk assessments and QC results to report to management on the state of compliance, regulatory exams and related matters.
- Manage the examination process with CFPB, coordinating collection and review of information, examination logistics, defense of potential findings, and response.
- Design training and communications to raise compliance skill levels and increase cultural awareness.
- Closely interact with the Legal Department and Government Affairs to be aware of and assess potential and actual changes in laws and regulations, interpretation and implementation.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in a growing organization, please submit your resume and salary history for consideration to Tim.email@example.com. Please reference job code COMPDIR-TC on all correspondence. Encore Capital Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Desired Skills & Experience
Preferred skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or JD preferred.
- 10 years experience in regulatory compliance in financial institution.
- Deep knowledge of applicable regulations, particularly FDCPA, SCRA, FCRA and TCPA.
- In depth knowledge of FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA, and other applicable laws. Experience with compliance controls and testing.
- Experience managing regulatory examinations.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Superior communications and relationship skills with all levels of the organization. oral, written and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
Encore Capital Group is a leading provider of debt management and recovery solutions for consumers and property owners across a broad range of assets.
Through its subsidiaries, the company purchases portfolios of consumer receivables from major banks, credit unions, and utility providers, and partners with individuals as they repay their obligations and work toward financial recovery. Through its Propel Financial Services subsidiary, the company assists property owners who are delinquent on their property taxes by structuring affordable monthly payment plans.
Headquartered in San Diego, Encore is a publicly traded NASDAQ Global Select company (ticker symbol: ECPG) and a component stock of the Russell 2000, the S&P SmallCap 600, and the Wilshire 4500. More information about our company can be found at http://www.encorecapital.com.