Position: Chief Financial Officer
Company: Masco Cabinetry
Position Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Masco Corporation (NYSE:MAS) today is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of brand-name products for the home improvement and building product markets. Masco is also a leading provider of a variety of building products and services. Our home products include faucets, kitchen and bath cabinets, paints and stains, bath and shower units, spas, showering and plumbing specialties, windows and decorative hardware. We have market leading brands in architectural coatings (Behr®, KILZ®), windows (Milgard®, Griffin®, Premier®), plumbing (Delta®, Hansgrohe®, Axor®, Brizo®, Bristan®, BrassCraft®, Cobra®), cabinetry (KraftMaid®, Merillat®, Quality®, Moores®), bathing (Aqua Glass®, American Shower & Bath®, Huppe®), and home hardware and other specialty products (Arrow®, Hot Springs Spas®, Brainerd®, Liberty Hardware®).
As a significant business unit of Masco Corporation, Masco Cabinetry, with approximately $1 billion in annual revenue, is the home of three nationally recognized cabinetry brands – KraftMaid®, Merillat® and QualityCabinets™ – and the DeNova™ countertop brand. Masco Cabinetry’s headquarter is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Additional information can be found at www.mascocabinetry.com or any of our brand websites.
Masco Cabinetry is seeking a Chief Financial Officer who is responsible for managing all aspects of its Finance and Accounting function. As a key member of the Masco Cabinetry executive leadership team, the incumbent will report to the President and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the business. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company along with strategic planning responsibilities associated with the business unit’s long range and annual operating plans. The incumbent will have direct responsibility for the following activities: accounting and reporting, cash management, cost accounting, financial forecasting and analysis, transactional pricing, governance and compliance, due diligence activities associated with acquisitions and divestitures, and customer financial services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of CFO
- As a member of the executive leadership team, takes a leadership role in the development of Masco Cabinetry’s long range and annual operating plans of the business.
- Directs, manages and develops Masco Cabinetry’s Finance and Accounting function.
- Directs and oversees the preparation of all financial reporting for Masco Cabinetry.
- In cooperation with senior management, leads the organization’s annual operating planning process and long range planning process.
- Overseas the auditing, control and governance functions.
- Manages the organization’s capital expenditure budgeting process including project approval, project costs, cash flow and return on investment.
- In cooperation with the senior leadership team, explore, identify and capture revenue growth opportunities for the business.
- In conjunction with operations, supply chain and sales, manages inventory levels to maximize cash flow opportunities.
- Develops talent for current and future needs of the business. Includes attracting, retaining and transitioning talent within Masco Cabinetry’s Finance function and throughout the organization.
- Active participant on the organization’s Information Technology Systems Planning team.
- Continuously evaluates and drives improvement in the practices, processes, procedures, organization structure and people under their management.
Experience and Qualifications of CFO
- 15 plus years of demonstrated success as an experienced leader and financial executive for a $500M plus multi-site, complex consumer/manufacturing organization. Public company experience preferred.
- Strong business acumen and talent leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and reporting, cash management, cost accounting, financial statement analysis, forecasting and transactional pricing.
- Demonstrated success and extensive experience in acquisitions and divestitures, and business integrations.
- Superior collaboration and communication skills with executive presence.
- Strong planning, organizational and change management skills; also conflict management abilities.
- Demonstrated success designing and improving a Finance organization’s practices, processes, procedures and organizational structure.
- Demonstrated success building high performance teams and developing people.
- Working knowledge and experience with an enterprise-wide ERP system.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance. An MBA and CPA accreditation preferred.
Leadership & Functional Competencies for Success
- Masco Leadership Competencies (Dealing with Ambiguity, Innovation Management, Strategic Agility, Developing Direct Reports & others, Managing Vision & Purpose, Customer Focus)
- Masco Finance Functional Competencies (Functional/Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Planning, Integrity & Trust, and Intellectual Horsepower)
Masco is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a culture that supports our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
More About Masco
Masco Corporation is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of brand name products for the home improvement and new home construction markets. Masco is also a leading provider of a variety of installed products and services, including insulation, for homebuilders. When it comes to our products and services, our reputation for quality, innovation, value, and performance is unparalleled. Some of our major brands include Delta, Behr, KraftMaid, Merillat, Hansgrohe, Milgard, and Liberty.
What’s it like to be a part of the Masco family? It’s all about excellence. Our 32,500 employees worldwide are united by a commitment to excellence. Our progressive and vibrant professional environment encourages you to be your best, our commitment to innovation encourages innovative thinking and our culture cultivates diversity. Masco is also committed to providing high quality products that enhance the lives of consumers worldwide. Our focus is on strengthening our leadership brands by delivering innovative, cost-effective and environmentally-friendly solutions for our customers. Simply, working at Masco is all about excellence…offering our customers game-changing products, providing our employees the opportunity for personal growth and cultivating an environment that encourages forward thinking.
Apply for CFO
Apply for this job opening on Masco’s website. Req ID: 5509BR