Altisource™ is a provider of services focused on high value, knowledge-based functions principally related to real estate and mortgage portfolio management, asset recovery and customer relationship management. Utilizing integrated technology that includes decision models and behavioral based scripting engines, we provide solutions that improve our clients’ performance and maximize their returns.
Altisource has three primary business segments including:
- Mortgage Services- Mortgage portfolio management services that span the mortgage lifecycle (e.g. origination, valuation, closing and title services, default management services, asset management and component services)
- Technology Products – REALSuite of applications (residential and commercial loan servicing, loss mitigation, vendor management and electronic invoice presentment and payment software) as well as our IT infrastructure services
- Financial Services - Asset Recovery and Customer Relationship Management
Altisource is developing a reputation as the preeminent knowledge based provider of its services. Our focus is on leveraging technology and a global service delivery model to provide highly efficient, accurate support of the industries we service. Unique intellectual property, such as behavioral-science principles, artificial intelligence driven scripting engines and risk decision models are used to reduce performance variability, improve compliance and improve overall performance for Altisource and its clients.
The position reports directly to the Chief Administration Officer and General Counsel for Altisource and will have exposure to a wide variety of management level employees throughout the Company including Executive Management.
- Provide compliance oversight of business activities, create, update and implement compliance policies and procedures, testing strategies, training and dissemination thereof, in coordination with other business legal and compliance personnel
- Manage a team of compliance professionals each responsible for business unit compliance, monitor developments in relevant law, regulations and interpretations and ensure potential changes are evaluated and deployed.
- Drive segment/functional compliance staff activities, including monthly compliance oversight council meetings
- Evaluate practices and processes with respect to regulatory and compliance issues and recommend changes where required
- Assist Internal Audit in conducting periodic compliance audits of key functions and processes.
- Serve as legal contact for all matters pertaining to Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the business
- Maintain compliance for FDCPA, RESPA, FCRA, GLBA, SCRA, HOPA and FDPA.
- Maintain list of Federal, State and local jurisdiction laws and regulations applicable to the servicing and collection businesses
- Continually optimize the compliance program to ensure compliance with aforementioned regulations
The ideal candidate needs to be a highly successful senior attorney with a strong background in working in regulatory and compliance. The position requires an outstanding academic record and a minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience gained in a quality law firm and/or law firm/corporate setting. This person will exhibit the following qualities:
- Record of outstanding success at a law firm, where innovation, collaboration and results are a high priority
- Passionately embraces our unique operating proposition and our commitment to exceptional service and delivery excellence
- Demonstrates an exceptional ability in communications, leadership and relationship building
- Accomplished attorney who displays the persuasiveness, decisiveness and competitiveness necessary to motivate the team to meet our business goals
Expertise & Experience of Associate General Counsel, Regulatory and Compliance
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally recognized law school required
- Admitted to a state bar and eligible to practice under the Georgia In-House Counsel rules
- 5+ years of proven experience in a senior attorney role
Personal Characteristics of Associate General Counsel, Regulatory and Compliance
A successful candidate will exhibit the following qualities:
- The ability to lead the law department in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience building a national, multi-site compliance department
- A record of outstanding success within a law department where innovation, collaboration and customer service are high priorities
- Exhibits strategic thinking and creativity in addressing future challenges in alignment with Altisource long term goals
- Compatible cultural fit with Altisource is essential
- Reputation for absolute integrity and building trusted relationships
- Self-starter, requires little management oversight as the firm’s leadership will be based in Europe
Apply for Associate General Counsel, Regulatory and Compliance
Apply for this job opening on Altisource’s website. Job code: 17650.