Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
We are looking to hire an experienced MD-level Compliance Director to oversee the execution of the Compliance Oversight Program for Global Treasury and provide ongoing advisory support to the business. This is a global role and the Compliance Director will be tasked with oversight of Global Treasury compliance and regulatory obligations.
- Full knowledge of Corporate Treasury functions. Responsible for ensuring the Global Treasury policies and procedures are reasonably designed to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations.
- Primary responsibility for overseeing aspects related to the execution of the Global Treasury Compliance Oversight Program (COP).
- Proactively engage with First Line of Defense, control functions (Risk, Legal, Audit and IT) and participate in and provide management oversight on the development of the COP in response to changes in regulatory obligations and industry standards and best practices.
- Serve as liaison with overseas Bank branches on compliance issues relating to Global Treasury.
- Serve as primary contact for interaction with regulators. Handling and responding to regulatory inquiries and exams, as and when required.
- Coordinate with senior business management and support functions to execute and implement FLOD controls and Monitoring & Surveillance program related to compliance risks. Identify and remediate control gaps where necessary.
- Establish and update procedures, in consultation with the senior governance committee.
- Collaborate with Compliance Managers covering International Finance and FX product lines and other relevant areas on annual risk assessments for Treasury’s global operations.
- Coordinate with IT and external vendors on developing technology system, tools and reporting for ongoing and new surveillance initiatives.
- Collaborate with the controls and testing (C&T) team to ensure effectiveness of compliance program. Develop remediation plans where necessary.
- Identifying and correcting any deficiencies or violations related to compliance within the Bank’s swaps business.
- Experience with Swap Dealer regulations and governance requirements. Coordinate with the CCO for State Street’s Swap Dealer to ensure compliance with all swaps activities that are conducted by Global Treasury.
- Monitoring for new laws and regulations, or changes in existing laws and regulations, and implementing procedures to address applicable requirements.
- Collaborate with Corporate Compliance on the development and coordination of ongoing training to employees on requirements impacting Treasury activities.
- Understands complex transactions, derivatives and hedging strategies. Working knowledge of Volcker rule compliance requirements pertaining to Treasury operations.
- 15+ years of compliance or regulatory experience, preferably in a trading and compliance risk management function of a global bank.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA/JD preferred.
- Working understanding of rules and regulations impacting Global Treasury operations of a global bank.
- Extensive knowledge of financial services products, markets, laws, rules and regulations relevant to Treasury.
- Strong knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to banks or bank holding companies participating in capital markets and treasury operations.
- Have an in-depth understanding of evaluating risk and compliance initiatives and determining regulatory compliance risks at a global financial institution.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Capable of leading teams and producing high quality and/or final work product and solutions under strict regulatory or management deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership and initiative, to negotiate, influence and build consensus and successfully navigate within a demanding and international environment of a leading global financial institution.
- Strong abilities in analytical thinking, problem solving, research, time management, and verbal and written communication.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the “apply now” link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Click here to apply.