Warner Bros. Studio Facilities, a division of WB Studio Enterprises Inc. seeks a Director, Risk Management for the Risk Management department. This important role will collaborate with production and studio executives, as well as the safety and legal departments, in handling all aspects of risk management issues that arise on Warner Bros. film, television and theatre productions worldwide.
- Hires, trains, develops and supervises Risk Management staff. Sets goals and priorities, assesses performance, and provides feedback. Counsels and disciplines as required.
- Identify and analyze exposure to loss and determine the appropriate method of risk transfer (working with Line Producers, and Production Execs).
- Make recommendations to Productions and decisions on behalf of WB with respect to purchasing insurance including the amounts of insurance, deductibles, and self-insured retentions.
- Review existing insurance policies and programs with respect to the exposures at risk and the adequacy of the coverage and the costs.
- Manage insurance claims, including making recommendations to WB Film and TV Productions for avoiding and mitigating loss, and negotiating coverage issues with insurance carriers. Responsible for analyzing patterns in claims as needed. Manage all day-to-day transactions for the department in conjunction with VP.
- Provide advice and guidance to the various production entities and Warner Bros. senior executives on all matters related to insurance and risk management. Issues reports and analysis as needed.
- Manage various insurance processes such as cast insurance, safety analyses and premium audits.
- Review production vendor contracts to ensure WB insurance coverage is adequate to comply with insurance language in vendor contract.
- Manage and direct the placement of specialty policies such as contingency policies, term life insurance, failure to survive and disability policies.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- ARM 54, 55 and 56 preferred.
- 5-10 years of entertainment insurance experience in production insurance (cast, negative film, faulty stock and processing, props, sets, wardrobe, miscellaneous equipment, extra expense and third party property damage), general liability, excess liability, travel accident, foreign liability and media liability insurance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong technical knowledge of entertainment insurance coverage.
- Familiarity with the various methods of entertainment insurance premium rating.
- General knowledge of the insurance marketplace.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Click here to apply.