At Home is the home décor superstore with more than 125 large format stores that we believe dedicate more space per store to home décor than any other player in the industry. We are focused on providing the broadest assortment of products to suit every room, every style and every budget. We utilize our space advantage to out-assort our competition, offering more than 50,000 unique items across broad product categories, including furniture, garden, home textiles, housewares, patio, rugs, seasonal décor, tabletop décor and wall décor.
If you are ambitious, passionate, competitive, absolutely love a challenge, smart, energetic, dedicated, grounded in integrity and focused on excellence then we want you on our team.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, this position is responsible for leading the internal audit function for the Company. Responsibilities include monitoring, evaluating and enhancing the Company’s internal control environment to mitigate risk, improve operational efficiency, safeguard assets and ensure compliance with laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures. This role will act as a key advisor to management to aid in ensuring well-controlled business processes, from both an operational and SOX perspective.
- Responsible for managing the company-wide effort for Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) compliance, including the design, operation and testing of the internal controls over financial reporting as required by Sections 302 and 404.
- Work with management to develop action plans and monitor the status of action plans to address control design and operating deficiencies.
- Coordinate and manage the efforts of outsourced service provider performing SOX audits.
- Work closely with external auditors to coordinate the external SOX audit efforts with the goal of increasing reliance in future years.
- Develop and present periodic reporting to the Audit Committee, senior management and external auditors.
- Develop and manage a formal internal audit function to evaluate accounting, financial and operational activities, aligning with the Company’s strategic business objectives.
- Develop and execute an annual audit plan.
- Provide support in the annual enterprise wide risk assessment process.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with management and throughout the company.
- Support ad hoc audits, loss prevention initiatives, fraud investigations, process improvement initiatives and other projects as requested.
- Develop cross functional relationships with other departments, providing excellent business support.
Desired Traits And Skills
- Executive presence and ability to clearly communicate complex financial reporting issues to senior management
- Proven leader with strong management, team-building and cross-functional skills.
- A self-starter, self-motivated, self-disciplined and performance driven; ability to work perform tasks with little direction
- Strong business acumen, analysis and judgment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-driven environment
- Hands-on, strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and ability to communicate with senior leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Minimum of ten years of public accounting or corporate internal audit experience, with current experience as a leader in an internal audit function in a publicly traded company
- Core competency in SOX compliance and knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA or CIA certification required
Click here to apply.