The Director of Compliance reports to the SVP, Chief Compliance Officer and is responsible for providing oversight of DJO’s Global Corporate Compliance and Ethics Program (“Program”), including but not limited to, development and implementation of Program policies and procedures, and training, conducting confidential investigations, overseeing the development and implementation of corrective and preventative action plans, analyzing complex U.S. and foreign laws, regulations related to manufacturing, selling and billing for medical devices and durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics and supplies (“DMEPOS”) including but not limited to fraud, waste and abuse, anti-bribery and anti-corruption, data privacy and security, interacting with health care professionals and government officials. Also to work closely with DJO legal and business partners to support international compliance efforts. Oversee compliance staff involved with above activities.
This position requires an experienced individual with ability to strategically and creatively address compliance challenges by planning, designing, implementing maintaining and monitoring the Program while working effectively with key business partners and leaders globally.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities (Other Duties May Be Assigned)
- Responsible for managing the strategy, development, implementation and monitoring of compliance polices and procedure for a large and high risk Compliance Program, including developing and implementing proactive systems to support compliance with applicable domestic and global compliance requirements
- Consults with businesses to identify, formulate and implement policies, procedures and other controls to proactive identify trends and detect potential issues and ensure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal, regulatory and internal requirements.
- Serves as compliance business partner and provides compliance related expertise to business departments and works with organizational leadership throughout area of responsibility to foster a collaborative and balanced approach to proactive compliance
- Ensures coordination and communication within the Company on compliance matters. Perform risk assessments of DJO business globally and collaborates with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, , Legal, IT, etc.)
- Works with the business and legal team to evaluate new product offering or business models and structure offerings in compliance with applicable U.S. and foreign laws
- Coordinates site, agency or other audits and examinations conducted by external parties.
- Possess strong presentation and negotiation skills as well as the ability to influence/change the thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations at the senior management level.
- Oversees and prepares responses to customer inquiries, requests and complaints.
- Supports the Compliance Committee and Prepare Ethics and Compliance-related reports and presentations and other communications for employees and senior management..
- Time is split between moderate to high risk compliance projects and management of a team of direct reports or shared compliance resources, including consultants, specialists and associates.
- Manage and investigate compliance questions, complaints, and reported incidents in collaboration with management, legal and human resources, as needed
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Analyze Compliance Program data to develop reports for monitoring and auditing, and case management
- Proactively identify emerging regulatory issues, developments in industry practices and standards, and compliance risk trends and design appropriate policies and procedures to ensure continuing relevance and effectiveness of the Global Compliance Program.
- Support initiatives to raise awareness of Ethics and Compliance-related topics and ensure on-going culture of compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 12+ Yrs
- BA/BS or Equiv Wrk Exp in compliance related role with a focus on the health care industry, preferably with a medical device manufacturer and/or DMEPOS supplier.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare compliance and applicable laws, regulations and standards (e.g., fraud and abuse, HIPAA, Stark, Anti-Kickback, Anti-Bribery and Anti-corruption laws. as they apply to medical device manufacturers and/or DMEPOS suppliers.
- Knowledge of Medicare reimbursement, Medicare Supplier Standards, DMEPOS Quality Standards a plus.
- Ability to independently analyze and interpret complex healthcare regulations involving risk assessments and judgment and apply to company business and operations.
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Compliance Certification
- 15+ Yrs exp including 5+ Yrs Mgmt Experience
About Djo Global
DJO Global is a leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of high-quality medical devices that provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management. Our products address the continuum of patient care from injury prevention to rehabilitation after surgery, injury or from degenerative disease, enabling people to regain or maintain their natural motion. Our products are used by orthopedic specialists, spine surgeons, primary care physicians, pain management specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, athletic trainers and other healthcare professionals. In addition, many of our medical devices and related accessories are used by athletes and patients for injury prevention and at-home physical therapy treatment. Product lines include rigid and soft orthopedic bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth stimulators, vascular therapy systems and compression garments, therapeutic shoes and inserts, electrical stimulators used for pain management and physical therapy products. Our surgical division offers a comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for the hip, knee and shoulder. Our products are marketed under a portfolio of brands including Aircast®, Chattanooga, CMF™, Compex®, DonJoy®, ProCare®, Exos™, Dr. Comfort®, DonJoy Performance® and DJO® Surgical.
For Additional Information On The Company, Please Visit Www.DJOglobal.com.
DJO is a portfolio company of the Blackstone Group
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Click here to apply.