The primary responsibility of the Global Development Compliance Controller is to ensure compliance with Company policies as they relate to contracting, invoice review, and travel and entertainment reporting for new development activities. This individual will also be responsible for budgeting, forecasting and monitoring pre-development spend on a global basis in connection with our pursuit of new integrated resort jurisdictions. The operational aspect of this role will be ensuring consultants and vendors maintain compliance with their contractual reporting requirements with recurring briefings to the Global General Counsel, Global Chief Compliance Officer and LVSC Chief Accounting Officer. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Las Vegas Sands Corp.’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates contracting of goods and services for new development efforts
- Establishes upfront relationship with service provider to ensure contract terms and Company policy is adhered to
- Reviews and processes invoices for new development efforts. Follows-up with service provider for additional information where required
- Reviews Travel and entertainment expenses for compliance with Company policy and with the terms of the specific contract. Follows-up with both internal and external resources for additional information where required
- Where applicable, reviews documentation of meetings conducted by service provider, for compliance with Company policy and FCPA requirements
- Provides accurate, timely and usable reports on new development activities to management team
- Establishes and documents process for engaging service providers; from on-boarding through invoice processing
- Establishes documented framework for approving exceptions and expediting contracting for new development efforts
- Coordinates with relevant departments to establish annual budget for new development efforts
- Identifies problem areas and provides proposed solutions to resolve as necessary
- Provides recurring updates to the Global General Counsel, Global Chief Compliance Officer and LVSC Chief Accounting Officer in connection with recurring meetings with executives in charge of international development opportunities
- All time access is an essential function of this job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Company Standards of Conduct
All Las Vegas Sands Corp. Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company’s standards, work requirements and rules of conduct. Team Members are expected to behave in a manner that supports a harmonious work environment to help us deliver unmatched service to our guests and customers.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Las Vegas Sands Corp. is an E-Verify employer
- Additional information regarding E-Verify can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in spoken and written form.
- 8-12 years finance/accounting experience required; with 4-6 years of public accounting experience with a large public accounting firm preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Physical Requirements
Must Be Able To
- Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
Click here to apply.