This position will primarily report to the Chief Compliance Officer of swap execution facility. The SEF Compliance Officer is responsible for assisting the SEF CCO to ensure compliance with the CEA and CFTC SEF related regulations. The position also involves acting in a supervisory role for activity and persons engaged in broker-dealer activity.
Responsibilities of SEF Compliance Officer
- Provide interpretative guidance on SEF rulebook and compliance manual to participants and the business in consultation with CCO
- Maintain, review and periodically update rulebook and compliance manual in consultation with CCO
- Liaison with regulatory service provider
- Review daily exemption reports and respond to alerts from regulatory service provider
- Assist with investigations and disciplinary actions
- Remediate non-compliance issues including writing or rewriting procedures, new testing protocols and closing of non-compliance issues
- Review and approve SEF participants through compliance enablement tool
- Review and approve as necessary system initiatives and enhancement related any SEF and FIT functionality
- Establish and implement operation and supervisory procedures for brokerage activities and registered representatives
- Periodically conduct compliance training
Qualifications of SEF Compliance Officer
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years in OTC derivative operations
- 3+ years experience in broker-dealer reporting/compliance for bond/derivatives
- Series 7 and 24 a plus
- Dodd-Frank, CFTC, SEC, FINRA and NFA rules and regulation famliarity
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength- delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately- is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively.
Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data,news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Apply for SEF Compliance Officer
Apply for this job opening on Bloomberg’s website. ID: 34472