Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely—56.7% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2016. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016 and 2017, and one of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor’s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing
Evolent Health is rapidly building a world-class team leveraging advanced evaluative methodologies, data mining tools, analytics techniques (e.g., predictive modeling, optimization), and experimental study designs to enable data-driven decision making. The Associate Director, Risk Analytics will be working with a highly-advanced team of data scientists and engineers to develop and maintain predictive models surrounding risk in healthcare.
- Maintain and enhance machine learning and predictive modeling techniques for multiple forms of risk adjustment methodologies
- Create a flexible and dynamic solution that can support or be retrained with new data sources or new combinations of existing data sources
- Work in a collaborative environment with other innovative professionals to develop best-in-breed solutions
- Create two-way feedback loops using advanced learning techniques to maintain model performance
- Explain highly technical details to non-technical audiences and develop supportive materials to educate executives and partners on model capabilities
- Collaborate with other departments such as IT to deliver scalable solutions
- Develop reporting capabilities to monitor model performance and identify areas of improvement
- Provide operational support for model output as necessary
- Monitor industry trends to influence future model enhancements
The Experience You’ll Need (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of professional experience in an analytics role at a health plan/payer/insurer, consulting firm, or hospital system
- SQL and Other Relational Databases
- Predictive Modeling
- Risk Scoring Models (e.g., CMS-HCC, HHS-HCC, CDPS)
- Healthcare Data Sources (claims, billing data, eligibility, etc.)
Finishing Touches (Preferred)
- Graduate degree with a quantitative, healthcare, or technical focus (e.g., science, math, statistics, actuarial sciences, health services management, computer science, engineering, informatics)
- Machine Learning
- Python Scikit-Learn
- Presentation Skills
- Detailed knowledge of CPT/HCPCS/ICD9/ICD10
Evolent Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Click here to apply.Corporate Compliance Insights is a wholly owned subsidiary of Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.